Universal credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment merging together some of the benefits and tax credits you may receive. Initially only single individuals applying for Job Seekers Allowance will claim Universal Credit. Over the next two years it will be rolled out to households in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:

  • Housing Benefit.
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
  • Income Support.
  • Child Tax Credit.
  • Working Tax Credit.

Universal Credit is managed online through the Department of Work and Pensions. You will need to claim online and check payments and updates through your online account.

The information on these websites will help you get ready for Universal Credit: