The Westway is an inclusive community centre in Caterham. We aim to work with local people and volunteers offering a range of activities and services.
The Westway has a programme of activities Monday to Friday and some weekends - social groups, leisure, exercise, live music and creative sessions are available most mornings and afternoons.
Sessions are open to everyone.
We also have sessions run by others:
Action 4 carers support groups, Age UK and Salvation army tea and chat groups, sessions for people with anxiety or depression, for those learning English as a second language etc. Please call for more details.
We serve freshly cooked lunches on-site on Monday, Tuesday and Friday (re-starting end of Feb 2022) and run a home delivery Meals on Wheels service for people living locally – all meals are £5 and they are available to people of all ages.
Our Hairdressers and Podiatrists are onsite most weeks – call to arrange an appointment. Services are available to people of all ages at a subsidised rate.
Our outreach team support individuals who are lonely or isolated, and families who are more vulnerable.
Throughout Covid the Westway Outreach Team of volunteers, led by Nick and Mary have supported hundreds of people in the North Tandridge area.
What we can help with:
- Occasional shopping for people stuck at home (without access to online ordering) or prescription collections for individuals and families with Covid or unable to get out (and help to apply for on-going medication delivery).
- One off Emergency food / clothes / finance.
- Help to find used furniture and other items.
- Help to complete forms or apply for benefits.
- Help to get things organised – minor repairs, trips - hospital, rubbish removed, emergency gardening, help to get online or make phone calls.
- Signposting to colleagues in CAB, Tandridge Wellbeing, East Surrey Dial a Ride and other services.
- Support - try new activities and meet new people.
We are able to offer space to people wishing to book the centre for functions – eg. talks, events and birthday parties (for younger children or older people).
For more information e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thewestway.org.
For information about Surrey Choices please call 01483 806650.