Grants to help buy privately

If you have been a secure tenant for at least five years and you to want to buy, or acquire a joint interest in, a property on the open market you may qualify for a grant from our Assisted Purchase Scheme.

If you are interested please complete the Assisted purchase application form. 

You must empty and leave your council property on completion of the purchase. Once you have received a grant under this scheme you are expected to meet all your future housing needs without further help from the Council.