What if I don’t pay?

If you're finding it hard to pay your business rates, council tax or other monies owed to Tandridge District Council, please contact us straight away. The longer you ignore a debt problem, the worse it can become.

Call 01883 722000 and press Option 2.

Need independent advice?

If you want to discuss the debt with a third party, or have serious financial problems, the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can help. You can contact the CAB on 01883 730259 (Oxted) or 0344 411 1444 (Caterham), or visit their website online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk.

Expert debt advice can also be obtained from Step Change Debt Charity on (freephone) 0800 138 1111.

Have you received a recovery notice?

In these unprecedented times, there could be many reasons why you have not paid monies owed to Tandridge District Council. If this applies to you, please complete an arrangement proposal and our budget form so that a Council Officer can contact you either by email or telephone.

Recovery flowchart

The below flowchart shows the potential steps we can take to recover outstanding Business Rates and Council Tax debt.

Recovery Flowchart