Before you contact us please check you have put your bins out on the right day. The crews collect rubbish and recycling between 6am and 4.30pm. Please only complete our missed collection form after 4.30pm.
Please see further down the page on how to report missed garden waste collections.
Sometimes our vehicles cannot access a road due to parked cars or there may be unforeseen delays to the service. These will be listed below and updated regularly.
If your recycling, food or rubbish collection has been missed, please let us know within three days of your missed collection using our missed collection form.
Recycling and rubbish collection updates
This list is updated the day after your usual recycling or rubbish collection day on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Due to blocked access, recycling and rubbish will be collected from the following roads on Saturday 4 April 2020:
- Adair Gardens, Caterham
- Anzio Gardens, Caterham
- Mountside, Church Hill, Caterham
- 13-16 Everard Lane, Caterham
- 7-9 Gaist Avenue, Caterham
- Garland Way, Caterham
- High Trees Court, High Trees Close, Caterham
- Rosedale, Park Road, Caterham
- Park View, Caterham
- 71-77 & 79-85 Mill Lane, Hurst Green
- 12 Tippett Lane, Hurst Green
- 2A-2G East Grinstead Road, Lingfield
- Meadowside Park, Lingfield
- Field Walk, Smallfield
- Mead Place, Smallfield
- Crewes Close, Warlingham
- Elm Close, Warlingham
- Elm Road, Warlingham
- Epps Close, Warlingham
- Glebe Road, Warlingham
- Harrow Gardens, Warlingham
- Ulstan Close, Woldingham
- Upper Court Road, Woldingham
- 13-24 Edgeworth Close, Whyteleafe
- 67-105 & Treetops, Hillside Road, Whyteleafe
- Whyteacre, Court Bushes Road, Whyteleafe
If your recycling, food or rubbish collection has been missed, please let us know using our missed collection form.
Bin collections and community recycling centres – what can you do to help?
We are working with the Surrey Environment Partnership (SEP) to advise residents on how they can help ensure the smooth running of the district’s recycling and rubbish collection service, during the coronavirus pandemic.
In the coming weeks, the service is likely to be impacted by staff shortages due to sickness.
As there are more people at home, there is an increase in the amount of waste being collected in the district. Some waste collection services may take longer to be collected and there may be delays or the service temporarily suspended.
To minimise delays, please follow these guidelines:
- Put your bins out early and leave them out until they’ve been emptied.
- Be considerate when parking your car on your collection day, because this will help to ensure the collection vehicles can easily access your road.
- Put the right items in the right bins. Use the Surrey Recycles search tool to find out what goes in which bin.
- Reduce the amount of waste you produce. Consider using an alternative reusable item. Read these tips on how to reduce the amount of waste you produce.
- Compact your recycling into bins as much as possible to maximise space and only put bins out when they’re full.
- Start composting at home. You can buy a compost bin at a reduced rate, but if you’d like to compost all your food waste, consider buying a waste digester.
- If you decide to have a spring clean while you’re at home, don’t put everything in the bin straight away. Wait until normal service resumes.
Read the latest guidance on how to deal with your waste if you're self-isolating.
Community Recycling Centres
Following the government’s announcement last night, the community recycling centres in Caterham on the Hill and Warlingham have closed until further notice. We would strongly encourage residents to not dispose of their waste by lighting bonfires as they can create smoke, cause air pollution and prevent people from being in their gardens.
To be kept up to date on our recycling and rubbish collection service, sign up to receive our recycling and rubbish e-newsletter.
If you need to contact us about your bin collections, please use our online links if you can to free up the phone lines for people without access to the internet.
To report a missed garden waste collection please call Biffa's Green Waste Club on 0800 0858 286 or visit their website at www.greenwasteclub.co.uk.