Before you contact us please check you have put your bins out on the right day. The crews collect rubbish and recycling between 6am and 4.30pm. Please only complete our missed collection form after 4.30pm.
Please see below for details about reporting missed garden waste collections.
Sometimes our vehicles cannot access a road due to parked cars or there may be unforeseen delays to the service. These will be listed below and updated regularly.
If your recycling, food or rubbish collection has been missed, please let us know within three days of your missed collection using our missed collection form.
Recycling and rubbish collection updates
This list is updated the day after your usual recycling or rubbish collection day on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Due to blocked access, recycling and rubbish will be collected from the following roads on Saturday 3 October 2020:
- Old Quarry Hall, Springbottom Lane, Bletchingley
- Ash Mews, Caterham
- Beechwood Road, Caterham
- 127-147 Buxton Lane, Caterham
- Pinewood House, Chaldon Road, Caterham
- Mountside, Church Hill, Caterham
- Crane Close, Caterham
- Avante, Orbital House & Tandridge Court, Croydon Road, Caterham
- Oakgrove, Caterham
- Rosedale, Park Road, Caterham
- Penrhyn Close, Caterham
- Portley Lane, Caterham
- Wavertree, Stanstead Road, Caterham
- The Squerryes, Caterham
- Kynaston Court & Underwood Court, Underwood Road, Caterham
- Westway, Caterham
- Doctors Lane, Chaldon
- Leazes Avenue, Chaldon
- 56–72 Harrow Road, Chelsham
- Deans Lane, Nutfield
- Cheverells, Warlingham
If your recycling, food or rubbish collection has been missed, please let us know using our missed collection form.
Bin collections and community recycling centres
As there are more people at home, there is an increase in the amount of waste being collected in the district. Some waste collection services may take longer to be collected and there may be delays or the service temporarily suspended.
To minimise delays, please follow these guidelines:
- Put your bins out early and leave them out until they’ve been emptied.
- Be considerate when parking your car on your collection day, because this will help to ensure the collection vehicles can easily access your road.
- Put the right items in the right bins. Use the Surrey Recycles search tool to find out what goes in which bin.
- Reduce the amount of waste you produce. Consider using an alternative reusable item. Read these tips on how to reduce the amount of waste you produce.
- Compact your recycling into bins as much as possible to maximise space and only put bins out when they’re full.
- Start composting at home. You can buy a compost bin at a reduced rate, but if you’d like to compost all your food waste, consider buying a waste digester.
- If you decide to have a spring clean while you’re at home, please don’t put everything in the bin straight away. Wait until normal service resumes.
Read the latest guidance on how to deal with your waste if you're self-isolating.
Community Recycling Centres
Some community recycling centres (CRCs) have now opened. The CRC’s in Caterham on the Hill and in Warlingham will not reopen because it isn’t possible to open these sites safely and ensure social distancing between visitors and staff. In addition, due to the size and location of both CRC’s long queues could form on surrounding roads.
The Earlswood CRC in Redhill is the nearest centre you can visit. It is open every day and at the weekend from 9am to 4pm. Only visit a CRC if you absolutely need to. Visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/recycling before you leave to see if there are any service updates.
To report a missed garden waste collection please call Biffa's Green Waste Club on 0800 0858 286 or visit their website at www.greenwasteclub.co.uk.