Please report repairs promptly. Any delay might make the problem worse.
How to report repairs
- Fill in and submit an online repair form or call 01883 722000.
- To report a gas central heating or hot water repair, call Paynes Heating and Plumbing Ltd, on 01825 891723 between 8.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
- You can report the problem in person to your Sheltered Scheme Coordinator (if you live in sheltered housing).
To help us arrange the repair quickly, please remember to give us as much detail as possible and include your daytime contact phone number.
For further information please see our leaflet Tenants guide to maintenance.
All tenants are asked to complete our satisfaction survey after works are completed.
Damp and condensation
If you are suffering with damp and mould, please see our leaflet Preventing and curing condensation problems in your home for further information and advice.
Emergencies outside office hours
If you need an emergency repair outside office hours, please call 01883 722000.
This service must only be used in a real emergency, likely to be life threatening or cause serious injury to persons or significant damage to property. If you use the emergency service for work that is not an emergency, you will be recharged for the full costs of the call out.
Sometimes we will carry out a temporary repair, just to make your home safe. If that is the case, we will carry out a permanent repair later.
Some examples of emergency repairs include:
- Burst pipes.
- Severe leaks in roofs.
- Blocked drains and toilets (where there is only one toilet in your home).
- Complete loss of power or lighting.
- Other problems that seriously threaten your home or your health.
To report a gas leak contact National Grid on 0800 111 999.
To report a loss of electrical power contact UK Power Networks on 0800 316 3105 or text Power followed by Postcode to 80876. Example: PowerRH80BT
Maintenance and Improvements
As well as carrying out day-to-day repairs, we have an ongoing programme of maintenance and improvements to our properties.
Before we carry out any planned maintenance or improvement work, we will consult with you to tell you what we are planning. Unless the work is needed for maintenance or safety reasons, you will be able to choose whether or not you want to have it done.