We have adopted the Caterham Masterplan as a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). The adopted SPD will help steer future development in a co-ordinated and planned way over the next 10 years. It will become part of the Local Development Plan (LDP) and used to help determine planning applications.
The adopted document reflects on the public consultation which ran from Monday 27 November 2017 to Monday 22 January.
A summary of the responses received during the consultation have been considered in drafting the adopted document. This is set out in the Statement of Community Involvement document which is published and available to view at www.caterham-masterplan.org.uk.
The Caterham Masterplan delivers a new vision for Caterham Valley and Caterham on the Hill with the aim of making it more attractive for people to shop and spend their leisure time in. The masterplan encourages new businesses and, includes mechanisms to boost the economy and create more local jobs.
To create a strong heart to Caterham by including both Caterham Valley and Caterham on the Hill in planned changes, the transformation options include:
- A major redesign of the Church Walk Mall shopping centre.
- Improvement to the Waitrose and Quadrant House area.
- Greater variety of shops.
- A lively evening environment and daytime cafe culture.
- Better public and street spaces.
- Enhancements to the Raglan Precinct, Townend Car Park and the High Street.
To view the Supplementary Planning Document, visit www.caterham-masterplan.org.uk.