We acquired Quadrant House in Caterham in April 2019, recognising the building's strategic significance in the overall aspirations for the regeneration of the town, as well as in providing employment and safeguarding office space.
Quadrant House is a large, prominent, but outdated building with retail and restaurant space on the ground floor and 39,100 square feet of office space above. Its central location next to Waitrose makes the site a key acquisition in terms of shaping and regenerating the town and improving its appearance.
The purchase is part of the delivery of the Caterham and North Tandridge Regeneration programme, which aims to make the area more attractive for people to live and work in, as well as boosting the economy and creating more jobs.
In Autumn 2020 a new business hub opened on the first floor of Quadrant House. The hub, known as The Workary, Caterham, is operated by Wimbletech CIC and offers affordable work space on flexible terms. It is a work space ideal for start-ups, entrepreneurs, small businesses and remote workers. Members can make connections and create networks with business across Caterham and North Tandridge and across Wimbletech’s national digital platform as well.
If you are interested in booking space or a tour of The Workary, visit The Workary, Caterham website.
We are progressing a significant refurbishment of the building and have been successful in securing additional funding from the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership both for setting up the Business Hub and for refurbishing the building.
Phase 1 works to refurbish the communal areas, such as the WCs, lobbies, and shared kitchenettes, were carried out in 2021. Phase 2 works started in September 2021and are due to complete in summer 2022.
Phase 2 works include:
- Refurbishment of vacant office suites on 2nd and 3rd floor of South building, to include a new, centralised heat pump AC system.
- Improvement of the thermal performance of the building envelope including added insulation and new windows.
- Enhancement of the Croydon Road façade including the introduction of a Living Wall (aesthetic, biodiversity and microclimate benefits).
- A roof terrace at third floor level.
- Enhanced safety and accessibility through introduction of ramped access to the North entrance, replacement lifts and better escape staircases.
- Improved appearance through new signage and services integration.
If you are interested in renting space at Quadrant House, please contact our agents directly.