Building control

Southern Building Control Partnership logo

As a Local Authority Building Control (LABC) team the Southern Building Control Partnership ensures relevant building work in Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead & Tandridge Councils areas meets the requirements of the Building Regulations.

The Building Regulations are a set of performance standards for England and Wales which apply to the design and construction of buildings. They are designed to improve the health, safety and welfare of individuals living and working in newly built or altered buildings.

For enquiries relating to an existing Building Control application.

Homeowners selling their property are required to produce Building Control Completion Certificates for certain types of alterations and extensions.

You can search the partnership’s website to find out what information is held for your property.

To obtain a copy of a certificate issued prior to June 2017, please use the Tandridge contact us form.

Certificates issued after this date are provided by the partnership and their website gives details on how to order copies.

You can read the partnership’s guidance on what to do if a completion certificate has not been issued.

To make a new Building Control Application

For information on the types of Building Control applications and our fees you can visit the partnership's website The Building Regulations have recently changed and the partnership has produced useful guidance as well as a Guide to Sustainable Homes.

Sustainable building

The partnership has put together information on a wide variety of services that can help a homeowner consider how to build sustainably and limit the impact of Climate Change.