We set taxi fares for licensed Hackney carriages in Tandridge. We do not set Private Hire fees, you should ask for these details and agree a fare when you book your journey with the operator.
If you book a taxi please make sure you can pay the fare. Deliberately failing to pay a fare after a journey is a criminal offence.
All drivers must wear an identity or licence badge issued by us, which will have a number and a photograph of the driver on it.
Hackney carriage drivers must follow certain rules. If you book or use a registered Hackney carriage:
- The driver must accept any hiring in the district, unless they have a reasonable excuse.
- The meter must be started at the beginning of the journey; the meter should be clearly visible to passengers at all times.
- Mileage rates must only be charged from point of pick up.
If the journey goes beyond the Tandridge district, the mileage rates below still apply unless you have agreed differently with the driver before your journey starts.
Between 7.01am and 8.29pm Monday to Saturday:
- For the first mile or 8 minutes and 20 seconds of waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £3.70.
- For each 11th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £2.20 per mile) 20p.
Between 8.30pm and 7am Monday to Friday, 8.30pm Saturday and 7am the following Monday, on Bank Holidays, excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day and where more than four people are carried between 7.01 am and 8.29pm Monday to Saturday.
- For the first mile or 10 minutes and 50 seconds waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £4.00.
- For each 14th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £2.80 per mile) 20p.
Between 10pm Christmas Eve and 11.59pm on Boxing Day, 10pm New Year’s Eve and 11.59pm on New Year’s Day and where more than four people are carried in vehicles licensed to carry such numbers at the times specified between 8.30pm and 7am Monday to Friday and 10pm New Year’s Eve and 11.59 on New Year’s Day.
- For the first mile or 10 minutes and 13 seconds waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £7.40.
- For each 11th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £4.40 per mile) 40p.
- For each piece of luggage conveyed outside of the passenger compartment of the vehicle 10p.
- For each passenger in excess of two, irrespective of age 20p.
- Soiling charge – when the soiling of a vehicle's interior causes it to be withdrawn from service for cleaning £120.
Any complaint about the vehicle or driver should be submitted on the link above quoting the number of the vehicle and/or the number on the driver’s badge.