We set taxi fares for licensed taxi operators in Tandridge, who must follow certain rules. If you book or use a registered taxi:
- The driver must wear an identity or licence badge issued by us, which will have a number and a photograph of the driver on it.
- The driver must accept any hiring in the district, unless they have a reasonable excuse.
- The meter must be started at the beginning of the journey; the meter should be clearly visible to passengers at all times.
- Mileage rates must only be charged from point of pick up.
If you book a taxi please make sure you can pay the fare. Deliberately failing to pay a fare after a journey is a criminal offence.
If the journey goes beyond the Tandridge district, the mileage rates below still apply unless you have agreed differently with the driver before your journey starts.
We do not set Private Hire fees. You should ask for these details and agree a fare when you book your journey.
Between 7.01am and 8.29pm Mondays to Saturdays:
- For the first mile or 8 minutes and 20 seconds of waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £3.70.
- For each 11th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £2.20 per mile) 20p.
Between 8.30pm and 7am Monday to Friday, 8.30pm Saturday and 7am the following Monday, on Bank Holidays, excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day and where more than four people are carried between 7.01 am and 8.29pm Mondays to Saturdays.
- For the first mile or 10 minutes and 50 seconds waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £4.
- For each 14th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £2.80 per mile) 20p.
Between 10pm Christmas Eve and 11.59pm on Boxing Day, 10pm New Year’s Eve and 11.59pm on New Year’s Day and where more than four people are carried in vehicles licensed to carry such numbers at the times specified between 8.30pm and 7am Monday to Friday and 10pm New Year’s Eve and 11.59 on New Year’s Day.
- For the first mile or 10 minutes and 13 seconds waiting time or uncompleted part thereof £7.40.
- For each 11th of a mile or 50 seconds waiting time thereafter (the equivalent of £4.40 per mile) 40p.
- For each piece of luggage conveyed outside of the passenger compartment of the vehicle 10p.
- For each passenger in excess of two, irrespective of age 20p.
- Soiling Charge – when the soiling of a vehicles interior causes it to be withdrawn from service for cleaning £120.