Community transport services are provided across the district for those residents not able to access public transport or drive a car. These services are operated by external organisations and not managed by us.
Booking and advice line for community transport
A community transport booking and advice line is run by East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership (ESRTP) every weekday from 8.30am to 5pm to provide advice on the most appropriate form of transport available. Staff can directly book residents on the services managed by the ESRTP or signpost residents to alternative providers if appropriate.
The dedicated phone number is 01883 701270 and residents can also visit www.tandridgecommunitytransport.org for more information.
The ESRTP runs the following services:
- Tandridge Buses 4U Demand Responsive Service.
- Tandridge dial-a-Ride service in the north of the district above Redhill-Tonbridge railway.
- Transport to the Westway Centre.
- North Tandridge Voluntary Car Scheme.
- Signposting residents to alternative providers.
Dial a Ride for CR3 and CR6
Residents of CR3 and CR6 postcodes (Caterham, Chaldon, Chelsham, Farleigh, Warlingham, Whyteleafe & Woldingham) can also contact East Surrey Dial a Ride on 01883 349001 or visit www.eastsurreydialaride.org.uk.
Volunteer car schemes