We will keep this page updated with information about all council services during bad weather conditions. You can also follow us on X (formerly known as Twitter), Facebook and sign up for e-mail updates.
- Council Offices in Oxted are open with some officers working from home.
- Recycling and rubbish collections are happening if it is safe. High winds can make it difficult to lift the bins on to the vehicles. The vehicles may struggle to get access to homes if roads are blocked due to flooding or fallen trees. If your bin has not been collected, please leave it at the edge of your property.
- Council house emergency repairs, including heating - staff will be carrying out repairs as long as they can access the property. No working outside at height will happen during windy/storm conditions.
- Car parks: Open.
- Street cleaning: Staff will be working as normal, but may have to respond to emergencies elsewhere.
Please visit our emergency planning webpage for more information.
- If you lose power, report it at Power Cut 105, or by calling 105.
- If water is blocking roads or pavements and causing a danger, call Surrey County Council on 0300 200 1003.
- You can find out what Surrey County Council services could be affected including buses and community recycling centres.
- If a river has burst its banks, call the Environment Agency 24-hour Hotline on 0800 80 70 60.