The Caterham Masterplan is a key element of the wider Caterham and North Tandridge Regeneration Programme and delivers a new vision for Caterham Valley and Caterham on the Hill. The aim is to make it an area more attractive for people to shop and spend their leisure time in. It seeks to encourage new businesses and includes mechanisms to boost the economy and create more local jobs.
Adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document in 2018, the Masterplan sets out a vision for the town, including:
- Improvements to the Waitrose and Quadrant House area.
- A greater variety of shops.
- Better public and street spaces, and traffic circulation.
- A lively evening environment and daytime cafe culture.
- Enhancements to the Raglan Precinct, Town End car park and the High Street.
- Improvements to the Church Walk shopping centre.
The Caterham Town Centre Masterplan should be read alongside the Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan (2021).