Political balance and committee membership
Following the District Council elections on Thursday 6 May, no party has control of the Council. There has been a change in administration, with a new minority administration led by the Independents and OLRG Alliance Group.
The political balance of the Council is 16 Independents and OLRG Alliance, 14 Conservative, 9 Liberal Democrats and 2 Independent Group councillors. There is one vacant seat in the Felbridge ward which will be contested on Thursday 17 June
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Catherine Sayer and the Deputy Leader Councillor Kevin Bourne. The Leader of the Opposition is Councillor Tony Elias.
Leaders and Deputy Leaders of the groups
- The Leader of the Independents and OLRG Alliance is Councillor Catherine Sayer and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Kevin Bourne.
- The Leader of the Conservatives is Councillor Tony Elias and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Robin Bloore.
- The Leader of the Liberal Democrats is Councillor Chris Botten and the Deputy Leader is Councillor David Lee.
- The Leader of the Independent Group is Councillor Martin Allen and the Deputy Leader is Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse.
Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Council and committees
At the Annual Council on Thursday 27 May, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council were elected, along with the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of committees.
The Chairman is Councillor Simon Morrow and Vice-Chairman Councillor Jackie Wren.
The Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Committees are:
- Audit & Scrutiny: Chairman: Councillor Chris Langton, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Martin Allen.
- Community Services: Chairman: Councillor Jackie Wren, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Charlotte Swann.
- Housing: Chairman: Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Liz Lockwood.
- Licensing: Chairman: Councillor David Stamp, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Colin White.
- Planning: Chairman: Councillor Claire Blackwell, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Colin White.
- Planning Policy: Chairman: Councillor Catherine Sayer, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Chris Farr.
- Standards: Chairman: Councillor Nicholas White, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Phil Davies.
- Strategy & Resources: Chairman: Councillor Kevin Bourne, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Chris Langton.