The five year Open Space Strategy will set out how we will design, create, enhance and manage open spaces, which are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of all residents, while also protecting the environment.
The five objectives are:
- To encourage a diverse network of sustainable open space of high quality which helps fulfil the health and wellbeing needs of those living and working within the district.
- To protect, manage and enhance our open spaces for the benefit of biodiversity and to mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Explore opportunities to make more of our open spaces through commercialisation, educational and cultural events.
- Ensure equipment and grounds are of high quality, safe, well maintained and suitable for all users.
- Work with local communities for opportunities to manage, improve and deliver appropriate open spaces.
We are working with our partners to prepare a set of district wide recommendations, which will be presented and if agreed at committee will be part of a six week public consultation later this year.