Temporary event notices

If you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises in Tandridge and the activity will last no longer than seven days (168 hours) and is for fewer than 500 people, you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) at least 10 working days before the event.

Licensable activity includes:

  • Selling alcohol
  • Serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • Providing entertainment e.g. music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • Serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am.

You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence e.g. holding a wedding reception at a community centre.

Full details about TENs, including restrictions, objections, appeals, displaying your TEN, fines and penalties are on www.gov.uk.


Apply online for a Temporary event notice via www.gov.uk.

If you prefer to apply by post to us, please download the Postal Temporary Event Notice, follow the instructions and return the completed form and correct fee to the Council Offices, Station Road East, Oxted, Surrey, RH8 0BT. Cheques should be made out to Tandridge District Council.

To avoid delay to or refusal of postal applications, please make sure the correct postage is attached.