Food hygiene information
Visit the Food Standard Agency (FSA) for:
- Information about what you need to do to produce safe food.
- The laws, regulations, codes of practice and guidance that apply to the production, processing, distribution, retail, packaging and labelling of food stuffs.
- A series of short food safety videos showing you how to keep food safe.
Safer food better business packs and diary refills
The FSA runs the Safer Food, Better Business (SFBB) scheme to help small businesses with food safety management procedures and food hygiene regulations. The website includes downloadable SFBB packs, individual pages and monthly diary refills designed to meet the specific needs of different food businesses.
A new printed and bound copy of the SFBB pack or a yearly refill diary can be purchased from Tandridge District Council. These can be collected from reception at our offices at Station Road East, Oxted or posted out for an additional charge.
Full Pack- £10.00
Yearly Diary- £5.00
To order and pay online please click here.
Food industry guides to good hygiene practice for various types of business can be ordered from The Stationery Office.
Food hygiene training
We offer the following Chartered Institute of Environmental Health training for anyone needing to know about food hygiene:
- Foundation food hygiene 1 day course providing basic skills for food handlers – 17 September 2019
- Intermediate food hygiene 3 day course for supervisors and managers – Currently no available courses
Both courses are followed by an exam.
We will confirm your place once we receive your payment. You have 7 days from the date of payment to cancel and receive a refund. If you book a course, but then can’t attend, we will try to fit you onto a future course.
Other food hygiene courses are offered by: