Flood recovery contacts
After a flood
Advice and support for residents after a severe flood.
- Cleaning up after the flood
- Getting back into your home following flooding
- National Flood Forum, call 01299 403055 or visit Flood forum
- Please report any blocked road gullies/drains to Surrey County Council.
Flood recovery information
- You can contact Tandridge District Council on 01883 722000 (including out of hours), e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.tandridge.gov.uk.
- Contact Thames Water 0800 3169 800 or visit www.thameswater.co.uk
- Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 to listen to recorded flood warning information for your area or speak to an operator for advice 24 hours a day, or visit www.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood.
- Dial 999 if you think there is an immediate risk to life.
Gas, electricity and water
If you lose power in your home or business premises please contact:
- UK Power Networks (emergencies and power cuts) on 0800 316 3105 or visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk to view their power outage maps.
- National Grid (gas emergency) on 0800 111 999 or visit www2.nationalgrid.com/uk.
For issues with water supply, contact Sutton & East Surrey Water on 01737 772000 (24 hour emergency line) or visit www.waterplc.com.
If you think there is a sewer blockage or if your property has been flooded by a public sewer please contact Thames Water on 0800 3169 800 or visit www.thameswater.co.uk.
Other flood advice and support
- Insurance queries and how to obtain money in an emergency: the Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to offer advice on how to obtain money in an emergency and deal with insurance queries. For the Caterham & Warlingham branch e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01883 344777. For the Oxted branch call 01883 715525 or 01883 730259.
- The Construction Centre provides property specific information and advice if you have experienced flooding or are in danger of being flooded. This includes a list of companies who supply products you might need such as anti flood doors and pumps. Visit The Construction Company or call 01926 865825.
- The British Damage Management Association (BDMA) can advise on suitable companies to approach for assistance in the repair or renovation of your property. Visit www.bdma.org.uk or call 01858 414278.
- Furnistore is an East Surrey charity that collects and sells unwanted/second-hand furniture, appliances and other household items. Furnistore works with many family and social agencies and can provide a variety of household items at a significant discount. In emergency situations they can also provide essential household goods at no cost. Visit www.furnistore.co.uk or call 01737 773133.