Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Applying for council and housing association homes

To apply for housing from the council or a housing association, you must complete an application form for the Housing Register.

If you are eligible, you will receive a letter explaining how to apply for properties using Tandridge Home Choice

For more information about the Housing Register, please use the links below.

If you have moved home or had another change in circumstances, you will need to notify us as soon as possible. You can do this by completing the relevant change of circumstances form below.

On 1 April 2016, there were 1,707 households on the register.

There were 207 lettings made to council and housing association homes, through the Housing Register in 2015/16.

All persons aged 16 years or over are currently considered eligible to join the Housing Register unless they are:

  • Ineligible persons from abroad (eg those subject to immigration control or not resident in the UK).
  • Households guilty of unacceptable behaviour (eg with a proven history of serious neighbour nuisance or significant rent arrears).


Further information

The Council is required to provide information to applicants to enable them to make informed choices over the areas in which they apply to live and the type of accommodation they apply for. To help applicants, the Council has produced a list of council property and a list of other organisations with accommodation in the area. These lists are available by clicking on the links below.

You can also view a list of how previous Council and Housing Association vacancies have been allocated by visiting the Home Choice website.

Information for existing council or housing tenants that wish to move home (including by mutual exchange), is available on the ways to move section of the website.