Here are some ways you can cut the junk mail you receive:
- Be careful what information you give out e.g. your address, in competition entries.
- Contact a company directly to stop mail from a specific company.
- Sign up with the Mailing Preference Society to stop unsolicited mail. Go online to register.
- Use Royal Mail’s opt out service to stop receiving unaddressed mail. Email or write to Freepost RRBT-ZBXB-TTTS, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford, OX1 1RX.
- Put a ‘no free newspapers or junk mail’ sticker on your letterbox.
You can recycle any junk mail you do receive in your blue lidded recycling bin or at a local recycling bank.
If you are bothered by unwanted telephone calls, register with the Telephone Preference Society by calling 0845 070 0707.