Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Advertising policy

Landlord and tenant relations

The Council can offer advice to tenants and landlords and in certain cases, can intervene in disputes.

On occasions where landlords are behaving unlawfully, the Council can use its enforcement powers including possible legal action. Please contact our Private Sector Housing Team for more information.

You can also find a wide range of advice on solving tenancy related disputes on

Other sources of help and advice include Shelter, the Citizens Advice Bureau, and the National Landlords Association.

If you are a tenant and threatened with losing your home, please visit our housing advice and homelessness prevention section.