Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Advertising policy

Landlord and tenant relations

We offer advice to tenants and landlords and in certain cases, can intervene in disputes.

On occasions where landlords are behaving unlawfully, the Council can use its enforcement powers including possible legal action. 

You can find a wide range of advice on solving tenancy related disputes on

Other sources of help and advice include Shelter, the Citizens Advice Bureau, and the National Landlords Association.

If you are a tenant and threatened with losing your home, please contact our Housing Advice Team.