Rent Deposit Scheme
Nextstep is a housing service delivered by the YMCA, housing individuals and couples aged 18+ with private rented accommodation. They will help clients with limited means, who are unable to raise a rent deposit themselves, by offering landlords with private property to rent a bond as security for a deposit.
Nextstep could help if:
- You have a local connection to Tandridge
- You cannot raise a deposit
- You have difficulties finding suitable accommodation
- You are struggling to find a landlord
- You are in housing need.
Nextstep can offer you:
- A free service
- A guarantee deposit bond in place of a cash deposit to your landlord
- Assistance with all tenancy paperwork
- Direct liaison with your landlord
- Assistance with finding accommodation and visiting properties
- Support and advice throughout your tenancy
- If required, assistance with applying for and monitoring housing benefit claims.
Contact Nextstep on 01737 378482 for further information and to apply.
If you would rather see a Nextstep adviser face-to-face they hold sessions at the Council Offices in Oxted on every 1st and 3rd Monday from 2-4pm. You can speak to an adviser in Housing Needs for further details on 01883 732824 or 01883 732826.
Landlords with property to rent
If you own a property in Tandridge, the Private Sector Access Scheme may be able to help you find suitable tenants.