Rent Deposit Scheme
Nextstep is a housing service delivered by the YMCA, housing individuals and couples aged 18+ with private rented accommodation. They will help clients with limited means, who are unable to raise a rent deposit themselves, by offering landlords with private property to rent a bond as security for a deposit.
Nextstep could help if:
- You have a local connection to Tandridge
- You cannot raise a deposit
- You have difficulties finding suitable accommodation
- You are struggling to find a landlord
- You are in housing need.
Nextstep can offer you:
- A free service
- A guarantee deposit bond in place of a cash deposit to your landlord
- Assistance with all tenancy paperwork
- Direct liaison with your landlord
- Assistance with finding accommodation and visiting properties
- Support and advice throughout your tenancy
- If required, assistance with applying for and monitoring housing benefit claims.
Contact Nextstep on 01737 378482 for further information and to apply.
If you would rather see a Nextstep adviser face-to-face they attend the Council Offices in Oxted every Wednesday. You will need to book an appointment and can speak to an adviser in Housing Needs on 01883 732824 or 01883 732826 to request this.
Landlords with property to rent
If you own a property in Tandridge, the Private Sector Access Scheme may be able to help you find suitable tenants.