Skip to content
Home page
What's new
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Advertising policy

What are working tax credits & child tax credits

Working Tax Credit (WTC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) are benefits which replaced Working Families Tax Credit and Disabled Person's Tax Credit.
Tax Credits are paid by Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue (HMRC) and are taken fully in to account when calculating Housing and Council Tax Support. If your tax credit starts, stops or change and you receive HB/CTB you must tell us straight away.
Tax Credits will be reviewed by HMRC between July and September every year, you must tell us of your new amounts when you receive your letters, to avoid being overpaid or losing out on benefit.
Applications can be made by telephoning 0845 300 3900 or online Inland Revenue Tax CreditsUA-CPU: x86

« Back