Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Advertising policy

Can the Council recommend any builders or other trades people to carry out work in my home?

It is often hard for older and vulnerable people to know where to find reputable builders and companies to carry out repairs to their homes. Every week the media has news about rogue builders preying on elderly or vulnerable home owners, tricking them into carrying out unnecessary work to their properties at vastly inflated prices.

The Care and Repair Agency can provide details of contractors that have completed work to a satisfactory standard in the past. Tandridge District Council can not be held liable for any unsatisfactory workmanship or loss.

We are unable to recommend any particular company and you are advised to obtain at least two competitive estimates, in writing, before agreeing to engage the contractor.

Another source of information on contractors is the Buy with confidence scheme approved by trading standards.

A Handyperson service is also available for carrying out small works.

For further information please contact Customer Services on 01883 722000 or email

« Back