Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

What if I disagree with the Council's decision?

There is no prescribed right of appeal for anyone other than the applicant.

If the application is refused, or granted subject to conditions that the applicant finds unacceptable, an appeal can be made to the Secretary of State via the Planning Inspectorate. An Inspector will consider the case, along with the Council's comments and other representations made by neighbours etc, and decide whether to reverse the Council's decision and allow the development to proceed.

If you have submitted written comments on any application these will be forwarded on to the Inspector as part of the appeal process. However, we may also write to you and tell you how you can make further representations to the Inspector at a Public Hearing or Inquiry.

There are certain limited legal challenges available to others e.g. judicial review and advice should be sought privately about these.

« Back