Political balance and committee membership
Following the District Council elections on 2 May, no party has control of the Council.
The political balance of the Council is 16 Conservatives, 13 OLRG Independents Alliance, 11 Liberal Democrats, and 2 Independent Group councillors.
- The Leader of the Conservatives is Councillor Tony Elias and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Keith Jecks.
- The Leader of the OLRG Independents Alliance is Councillor Jackie Wren and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Catherine Sayer.
- The Leader of the Liberal Democrats is Councillor Chris Botten and the Deputy Leader is Councillor David Lee.
- The Leader of the Independent Group is Councillor Martin Allen and the Deputy Leader is Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse.
At the Annual Council on Tuesday 21 May, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council were elected, along with the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the committees.
The Chairman is Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse and Vice-Chairman Simon Morrow.
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committees are:
- Strategy & Resources: Chairman: Councillor Tony Elias, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Michael Cooper.
- Community Services: Chairman: Councillor Beverley Connolly, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Debbie Vickers.
- Housing: Chairman: Councillor Liz Parker, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Harry Fitzgerald.
- Planning Policy: Chairman: Councillor Keith Jecks, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Geoff Duck.
- Planning: Chairman: Councillor Gill Black, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Robin Bloore.
- Overview & Scrutiny: Chairman: Councillor Ken Harwood, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Martin Allen.
- Licensing: Chairman: Councillor Lesley Steeds, Vice-Chairman: Councillor David Cooley.
- Standards: Chairman: Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse.
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Tony Elias and the Deputy Leader Councillor Keith Jecks.
Leader of the Groups' speeches