No overall control after local elections
After yesterday’s Tandridge District Council elections no party has control of the Council for the first time since 2000.
Of the 42 seats, Conservatives have 16, Liberal Democrats 11, OLRG Independents Alliance 11, Independent Group 2 and there are 2 Independent councillors. The overall turnout of voters was 39.9%. The count started on Thursday 2 May and Returning Officer and Chief Executive, Louise Round, declared all the results by 1.35am on Friday 3 May.
The Conservatives held the following seats:
- Lesley Steeds (Con), Dormansland & Felcourt
- Gill Black (Con), Bletchingley & Nutfield
- Bob Milton (Con), Chaldon
- Ken Harwood (Con), Felbridge
The Liberal Democrats held the following seats:
- Dorinda Cooper (LD), Valley
- Kerry Mansfield (LD), Portley
- Celia Caulcott (LD), Warlingham, Chelsham & Farleigh
The Oxted and Limpsfield Residents’ Group Independents Alliance held:
- Liz Lockwood (IND), Lingfield & Crowhurst
- Claire Blackwell (OLRG), Limpsfield
- David Stamp (OLRG), Oxted North & Tandridge
- Chris Langton (OLRG), Oxted South
Independents gained the following seats:
- Colin White (Ind), Burstow, Horne & Outwood
- Charlotte Swann (Ind), Godstone
The Independents Group held the following seat:
- Martin Allen (Ind Group), Tatsfield & Titsey
For more information about your local councillor visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/yourcouncil.