Work by UK Power Networks in Oxted
During January and February 2019, UK Power Networks will be carrying out some work on Station Road East in Oxted.
The work, which will take place in sections on the following dates, is necessary to improve the area’s power supply for the long term.
Work on Station Road East
- 15-20 January: in the parking bays from outside NatWest Bank up to the pedestrian crossing. This will also affect a small section of the pavement.
- 21-27 January: in the parking bays between La Cucina and Boots.
- 28 January-3 February: in the parking bays between Boots and Robert Leech.
- 4-16 February: outside Timpson to outside Robert Leech.
This work is on the road so will not affect pedestrians, but all on-street parking bays within each section will be suspended while work takes place.
4-16 February: work will begin on the pavement outside Brisk Burgers and Robert Leech Estate Agents and on the pavement on the opposite side of the road outside Thakar Opticians to Star Barbers. This work will affect pedestrians and there will be a temporary pathway in the road, along with temporary crossings and temporary two-way traffic lights in the road.
Work on Gresham Road
21-30 January: by the bus stop, opposite Tandridge District Council car park. A temporary footpath will be provided. Temporary lights will be in place as one lane of traffic lane will be blocked.
Work inside Council Offices car park
On the following weekends works will take place in the Council offices car park to replace the substation. Visitors will still be able to access the car park which is open to the public at weekends.
- 12-13 January
- 19-20 January
- 26-27 January: removal of old substation and installation of new one. An area of the car park will be unavailable for use.
The two parking bays in the car park will be required for the duration of the scheduled works.