Thank you for taking part in the Draft Local Plan Consultation
Thank you to everyone who took part in the consultation about the draft Local Plan which will shape the future of the district up to 2033. The consultation, known as a Regulation 19 consultation, was open for six weeks until 5pm on Monday 10 September.
This phase of consultation was an opportunity for residents to comment about whether the draft plan is legally compliant with planning legislation and whether it meets the tests of ‘soundness’ which are set out in national planning policy.
This was the final stage of consultation before the draft Local Plan goes to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination. The draft Local Plan aims to deliver:
- A new Garden Community of around 4,000 homes in South Godstone.
- Thousands of new jobs for the district.
- New health care facilities, plus upgrades to existing health centres.
- New primary schools and a new secondary school, plus improvements to existing schools.
- Road and rail improvements.
- New play areas and improvements to existing play areas.
- Measures to alleviate flood risk.
The Council is now analysing the feedback, which will be presented to the Planning Policy Committee later this year and available to view on the website in due course.
Councillor Keith Jecks, Chair of the Planning Policy Committee, said: “We welcome all the feedback this consultation has generated which we will now carefully analyse. Every comment submitted during each consultation which has helped us shape the Local Plan will be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate for examination.”
For information, visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/localplan.