No change in control after local elections
There was no change in control after the Tandridge District Council elections on Thursday 3 May. Of the 42 seats, Conservatives have 22, Liberal Democrats 9, Oxted & Limpsfield Residents’ Group with Caterham and Lingfield Independents 6, Independent Group 2 and Independents 3.
The overall turnout of voters was 41%. The count started on Thursday 3 May and Returning Officer and Chief Executive, Louise Round, declared all the results by 12.55am on Friday 4 May.
The Conservatives held the following seats:
- Tony Elias (Con) - Bletchingley & Nutfield
- Beverley Connolly (Con) - Harestone
- Mark Ridge (Con) - Lingfield & Crowhurst
- Robin Bloore (Con) - Warlingham West
The Liberal Democrats held the following seats:
- Simon Morrow (LD) - Warlingham East, Chelsham & Farleigh
- John Orrick (LD) - Queens Park
- George Dennis (LD) – Westway
- Jeffrey Gray (LD) - Whyteleafe
The Oxted and Limpsfield Residents’ Group held:
- Phil Davies (OLRG) – Limpsfield
- Catherine Sayer (OLRG) - Oxted North & Tandridge
- Lynn Mills - (OLRG) - Oxted South
Independents gained the following seats
- Kevin Bourne (Ind) - Burstow, Horne & Outwood
- Nicholas White (Ind) - Dormansland & Felcourt
- Chris Farr (Ind) - Godstone
More information about your local councillor.