Political balance and committee membership 2023-2024
Following the District Council elections on Thursday 4 May, no party has overall control of the Council. There is a minority administration led by the Residents’ Alliance.
The political balance of the Council is 18 Residents’ Alliance, 11 Liberal Democrats, 9 Conservative and 4 Independent Group councillors.
The Residents’ Alliance used to be called the Independents and Oxted and Limpsfield Residents Group Alliance and has recently changed its name.
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Catherine Sayer and the Deputy Leader Councillor Chris Farr.
Leaders and Deputy Leaders of the groups
- The Leader of the Residents’ Alliance is Councillor Catherine Sayer and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Chris Farr.
- The Leader of the Liberal Democrats is Councillor Jeffrey Gray and the Deputy Leader is Councillor Alun Jones.
- The Leader of the Conservatives is Councillor Robin Bloore and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Matthew Groves.
- The Leader of the Independent Group is Councillor Martin Allen and the Deputy Leader is Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse.
Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Council and committees
At the Annual Council on Thursday 25 May, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council were elected, along with the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of committees.
The Chairman is Councillor Chris Botten and Vice-Chairman Councillor Sue Farr.
The Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the committees are:
- Audit & Scrutiny: Chairman: Councillor Ian Booth, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Martin Allen.
- Community Services: Chairman: Councillor Jackie Wren, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Deb Shiner.
- Housing: Chairman: Councillor Jeremy Pursehouse, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Peter Damesick.
- Licensing: Chairman: Councillor Colin White, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Sue Farr.
- Planning: Chairman: Councillor Claire Blackwell, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Jackie Wren.
- Planning Policy: Chairman: Councillor Catherine Sayer, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Chris Farr.
- Standards: Chairman: Councillor Nicholas White, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Jackie Wren.
- Strategy & Resources: Chairman: Councillor Chris Langton, Vice-Chairman: Councillor Mike Crane.