Tandridge Together Community Fund awards £27,795 to local organisations
The Tandridge Together Community Fund has awarded £27,795, in grants of up to £2,000 to local organisations to help fund initiatives, which will directly benefit the health and wellbeing of residents.
These grants will help a number of projects, such as:
- Supporting specialist training.
- Offering people with financial concerns access to confidential advice.
- Providing a specialist counsellor for people who breastfeed, a referral co-ordinator at a baby bank and a music therapy tutor.
- Supporting an internet cafe to help reduce digital exclusion in older people.
- A variety of workshops for students, adults and young adults with learning disabilities, disabilities and/or mental health challenges.
- Providing a variety of equipment and supplying hygiene essentials.
- Numerous projects encouraging residents to get more active and prevent social isolation.
These valuable grants are available each year thanks to the continued success of the Tandridge Together Lottery, as ten pence from every £1 ticket is allocated to this fund. 50p of the ticket price also goes to the player’s chosen local good cause which is close to their heart with some organisations raising £1,500 in ticket sales alone.
Councillor Jackie Wren, Chair of the Community Services Committee, said: “We are absolutely delighted to fund nearly £28,000 in grants, which will help support the amazing and vital work carried out by our local voluntary and community organisations across the district.
We are grateful for the wonderful support the lottery receives from its players. It is such a great way to help good causes and be in with a chance to scoop a cash prize too.”
For more information about the Tandridge Together Community Fund visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/communityfund.
The local organisations awarded a grant are:
- 1st Warlingham Scout Group
- Active Prospects Charity
- Bletchingley Skills Centre
- Bloomin’ Arts Limited
- Cafe Milk
- Citizens Advice
- College of St Barnabas
- East Surrey Dial-a-Ride
- Head2Head Sensory Theatre
- Limpsfield Grange School
- Make a Scene
- Prospero Theatre
- Sight for Surrey
- Stripey Stork
- Tatsfield Not So Young Club
- The Hygiene Bank Godstone
- The Orpheus Centre
- The Woodhouse Centre
- YMCA East Surrey