Homes for Ukraine
The government has announced plans for Ukrainians without any family ties to the UK to be able to come to the UK. The Homes for Ukraine scheme will:
- Offer a route for Ukrainians who want to come to the UK and have someone here willing to provide them with a home.
- Enable individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to offer accommodation and provide a safe route for Ukrainians and their immediate family members, forced to escape Ukraine.
- Provide accommodation via sponsors for a minimum period of six months.
Someone is eligible if they are Ukrainian nationals, or the immediate family member of a Ukrainian national and were a Ukrainian resident before 1 January 2022.
People arriving under this scheme will be able to:
- Live and work here for up to three years.
- Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education and English language tuition.
How can you help?
If you have a spare room in your home, or separate, unoccupied self-contained accommodation and it is available rent free for a minimum of six months, you can register your interest. You don’t need to provide meals, but you can offer them. In return, you will receive £350 per month.
If you would like to sponsor someone you know, you should contact them and prepare to fill in a visa application with them. The visa application will go live on Friday 18 March.
If you don’t know anyone to sponsor, please get in touch with charities, faith groups or local community organisations who are starting to make these connections.
You can also register your interest in the scheme as:
Before offering your support and for more information, please read the frequently asked questions.
If this scheme is not suitable, but you would like to support the people of Ukraine, please consider making a cash donation to a recognised charity. Visit our Ukrainian webpage for more details.