High Covid-19 rates in our area
Our area currently has the highest number of Covid-19 cases in Surrey. 43% of all cases are among those aged under 30, with higher rates in Oxted and Caterham.
With many people attending festivals, other large events or returning to school, college and university, the risk of catching Covid-19 increases.
The attached dashboard shows, although still high, cases per 100,000 people are slowly starting to reduce. Please continue to follow the guidance and help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands frequently and use sanitiser.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms or if you’re feeling unwell.
- Wear a face covering in crowded spaces.
- Test twice a week - order rapid lateral flow test kits.
- Get double vaccinated.
1 in 3 people with Covid do not have symptoms.
Mobile testing units will be available on:
- Saturday 18 September, 8.30am-5pm, Morrisons, Oxted.
- Saturday 18 September, 9am-3pm, Council Offices, Oxted.
- Sunday 19 September, 9am-3pm, Council Offices, Oxted.
Please continue to play your part to #KeepSurreySafe.
More information about Covid rates at surreycc.gov.uk/covidcases.