White Ribbon Campaign
The White Ribbon Campaign aims to educate and raise awareness of violence against women and to engage men in these issues. Wearing a White Ribbon is a personal Pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
Every year on 25 November, the White Ribbon Campaign urges as many people as possible to take their pledge and sign up to wear a white ribbon.
The 25 November is the chosen day because this coincides with the ‘International day against violence against women and girls.’ You can find out more about the White Ribbon Campaign at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.
Domestic abuse is never about ‘just’ physical abuse. It is psychological, emotional, financial, sexual, or anything at all where one individual is exerting constant intimidating behaviour over their partner or family member. If you are experiencing domestic abuse, or want to get some advice for someone else, here is what you can do:
- In an emergency always dial 999
- Call the Surrey Against Domestic Abuse helpline on 01483 776822. This is open days a week from 9am – 9pm
- If you are a friend or family member and you need advice on behalf of someone you believe is experiencing abuse you can find help on www.1in4women.com
- Speak to your GP in confidence
- Visit www.surreyagainstda.info for more information