Shop, eat and drink local
From 12 April, we are encouraging residents, visitors and people who work in the district to support the many local businesses which will be reopening, including:
- Non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons and public buildings, like libraries and community centres.
- Most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos and theme parks.
- Drive-in cinemas and venues showing drive-in performances.
- Indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools, but only for use by people on their own or with their household.
- Hospitality venues, serving people outdoors only, with no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcohol and no curfew.
- Self-contained accommodation, such as holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households.
The small, independent and local businesses are what makes the district such a great place to live. The shops, bars, restaurants and other businesses have been hit hard by Covid-19 restrictions and they are counting on your support as they reopen.
By spending more of your time and money in the district, not only will you discover some great products and services and reduce the risk of the virus spreading, but you will also help our communities thrive, kickstart our local economy and help to reduce our carbon footprint.
When visiting local businesses, remember Covid-19 is still here and not everyone has been vaccinated, so please continue to wear a face covering, wash your hands or use sanitiser and keep your distance. When visiting hospitality venues like pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants which have outdoor seating, please remember:
- Food and drink must be ordered, consumed and paid for outside, through table service only.
- The rule of six applies, or groups of larger than six from two different households.
- Social distancing requirements still apply.
- Customers are required to wear a face covering when passing through permitted indoor areas.
Please bear in mind our hospitality businesses are likely to be busy from 12 April, so we recommend booking your table before you visit.
We are looking forward to showcasing the wide variety of businesses the Tandridge district has to offer. When you are supporting the local businesses please tag us on social media using @TandridgeDC on Twitter and TandridgeCouncil on Facebook, #BackingBusiness #StaySafeShopLocal.
Advice for businesses ahead of reopening
We have updated our backing business page on our website, providing advice to hospitality, food and retail businesses on how they can reopen safely from 12 April.
We’ve produced a template Covid-19 risk assessment to help businesses manage any potential Covid-19 risk in their workplaces and we’ve also created some free promotional posters to display in your shop or business which you can print.
Signup for our free business e-newsletter, which highlights support, guidance and training available for businesses in the district which is delivered straight into your inbox.