New process for honours nominations
The government has launched a new process for honours nominations, making it easier to nominate those who have contributed to the coronavirus response. The Queen’s Birthday Honours List will be delayed until the autumn to allow people’s work through the pandemic to be recognised. Contributions can include:
• Frontline work supporting the most vulnerable members of society and those who have caught coronavirus
• Providing critical care to coronavirus patients
• Developing innovations to support the vulnerable and those with coronavirus
• Going to extraordinary lengths to keep critical services going
• Volunteering in the community or for service organisations in support of those affected by coronavirus
The nomination form requires details about the candidate and a summary of the impact the person has made.