Coronavirus public information campaign launched
A Surrey wide public information campaign has been launched which focuses on five key things for people to do during the Coronavirus outbreak. These are:
- Keeping up to date and following the official advice at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Sharing only official information and guidance from trusted sources – not spreading rumour or panic
- Staying sensible – washing hands regularly, keeping physical distance from each other
- Thinking about what help you need or how you can help
- And making sure we’re keeping in touch with each other – phone, text, facetime, just checking in – and keeping our minds healthy
Surrey County Council has also set up a Community Helpline number (0300 200 1008) to help direct residents who need support, such as picking up shopping, prescription collections or having someone who can be a telephone friend, to services who can help. It can provide advice to residents on where they can register an offer of help to support their community.
The helpline will not provide any public health advice, or answer general enquiries about council services.
Detailed advice and important links are all available at www.tandridge.gov.uk/coronavirus and www.surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus.