Surrey Fire and Rescue Service open day
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will open its doors to the public on Saturday 20 July at its headquarters in Reigate. The popular event is a fun and informative day for children and adults.
On the day:
- Meet firefighters and see vehicles and equipment including old and new fire engines, boats, aerial ladders, water carriers and military vehicles.
- Activities for children including fire engine rides, hose squirting, bouncy castles, mini fire engines, colouring and giveaways.
- Picnic area.
- Live music and radio broadcast.
- Refreshments including hot food stands and ice creams.
- Demonstrations including firefighting through the ages, road traffic collisions, fire service dogs, CPR and rescues at height.
- Experience what it’s like to be a firefighter in their smoke filled room.
- Visit Reigate fire station, their workshops and museum.
- Learn vital fire safety advice.
- Visit information stands from other emergency services and exhibitors.
- Opportunity to buy fire service merchandise and other products.
The open day runs from 10am to 4pm at Surrey Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters, Croydon Road, Reigate RH2 0EJ.
Please note for safety reasons there won’t be any parking on site except for exhibitors and blue badge parking. See www.surrey-fire.gov.uk for alternative parking and travel options.