Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? A role where you’ll be able to learn new skills, working in a friendly team? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
We’re recruiting for a new member of our Resident Support Team, for a role which is:
- Flexible, enabling you to manage your own workload.
- Challenging but incredibly rewarding.
- A key part of a friendly and supportive team.
About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate keen to develop a variety of skills, offering the opportunity to work in a busy and important team in the Council. The successful candidate will:
- Provide vital support to the busy Resident Support Team delivering a housing options service.
- Validate and verify applications to the Council’s Housing Needs Register.
- Act as point of contact for the Abritas software provider, Civica. Make updates to the Tandridge customer portal as required.
- Respond to enquiries from customers, in person, in writing and on the telephone
- Distribute casework and make referrals to the appropriate homeless and allocations team members.
- Work closely with the allocations team to prepare tenancy paperwork, provide tenancy booklets to new tenants, liaise with prospective tenants for key collection, check correct set up of new tenancies and scan documents to customer accounts.
- Help to gather information to support the response to written and verbal housing enquiries from the public, other Council staff, statutory agencies and other bodies within corporate timescales.
- Complete CORE forms for new lets and upload to the CORE system within requested timescales.
- Complete follow up for Rule 55 letters.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a good standard of education, including literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have excellent IT skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Are a team player who can work flexibly and support your colleagues.
- Are highly organised and able to work without much supervision.
It would be helpful if you’ve already worked in an administrative role and experience of working for a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
If you’d like to know more, please read our job description [link] or get in touch with Team leader – Annabelle Gowers to arrange an informal chat on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Location: Oxted, Surrey
How to apply
Before you apply, please ensure you have read the role specification.
Please apply online.
Timetable for recruitment
Application closing date
4 July 2021