We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated person to fill a temporary role of Interim Executive Head of Corporate Resources. The ideal candidate will have experience of working at a senior level with experience in the areas listed below, or someone who can demonstrate they are ready to take the next step into an Executive Team role. The position is temporary for a minimum of 3 months with an option to extend and a secondment from another Local Authority or other Public-Sector partner organisation would also be considered.
The successful candidate must have managed multi-disciplinary teams, be highly motivated and skilled at motivating others to ensure the Council provides a high-quality service to its’ residents.
As a member of the Executive Team, the Interim Executive Head of Corporate Resources will also contribute toward the wider governance, leadership and direction of the Council and provide strategic and operational leadership to develop, implement and evolve the Council’s strategic priorities and to help shape Tandridge’s future. The role is integral to the organisation achieving change in both culture and modernising services as well as responding to efficiency challenges.
As the Executive lead covering the HR function, MCIPD and HR experience is essential.
As part of the role you will be accountable for the effective delivery of the following services as well as being responsible for associated budgets:
- Human Resources
- Customer Services
- Democratic Services
- Business Improvement & Service Delivery
The key objectives of the role include:
Effective strategic leadership, shaping and delivering the Council’s services, working with the Leader, committees and elected members, making effective strategic governance arrangements, community leadership and performance management.
What the role would include:
- Robust planning and management to support the delivery of the Council’s objectives
- Ensuring the Council is statutorily compliant on all employment matters
- Providing strategic oversight of people management and development, organisational development and change transition
- Ensuring a modern, professional customer service
- Leadership of service design and the development of business improvement
- Ensuring an effective wellbeing service
- Providing an excellent internal and external communications service to the council and community
The Ideal Candidate:
- MCIPD Qualified/educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Understanding of the changing role of local authorities and the challenges ahead
- Strong audit, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Project Management, leadership and team working skills
- Proactive, authoritative and influential with highly developed relationship management and networking skills
- Experience of transformation/change and leading on new ways of working and delivery of culture change in a complex organisation
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Location: Oxted, Surrey
How to apply
Before you apply, please ensure you have read the role specification.
Please apply online.
Timetable for recruitment
Application closing date
22 November 2020