The Test and Trace Support payment of £500 will ensure those on low incomes can self isolate without having to worry about their finances. The payment will end on 31 January 2021.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
- Be employed or self-employed.
- Be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result.
From 28 September 2020, people with symptoms are required by law to self isolate. People eligible for this new payment, which is subject to income tax, who have had to self isolate from 28 September will receive backdated payments once the scheme is set up.
You need to complete and submit our Test and Trace Support Payment form. To complete the form you will need your:
- Council Tax account number.
- NHS unique ID number (which you'll receive if you test positive).
- Proof of benefit.
- Name and address of employer, or proof of a self-assessment if self-employed.
Once we have received your form you will be informed of the outcome within three working days and, if applicable, the payment will then be made.