Our Local Plan
The final version of the Local Plan can now be viewed, alongside final versions of statutory documents. The documents contain tracked changes. This is something councillors have asked for to provide complete transparency and to make it easy to see the changes which have been made since the last version and also taking account of feedback from the consultation.
The documents include the Regulation 22 Statement of Consultation, which provides a summary of the comments received during the Draft Local Plan Consultation which ran from Monday 30 July to 5pm on Monday 10 September.
In total 1,746 responses were received from 1,663 respondents. All valid comments are published online and available to view on the consultation portal. Comments can also be viewed in hard copy at the Council Offices in Oxted.
We have also produced a Local Plan submission Q & A document to help support understanding of the documents.
Our Local Plan sets out a new development strategy for the district up to 2033. Our Local Plan will guide key planning decisions and allow local people more control over where development goes. We have developed a plan which:
• Delivers much needed infrastructure.
• Helps provide affordable housing and homes for all our communities.
• Preserves the open character of the area and the Green Belt.
• Supports local business and attracts inward investment, helping the area thrive and capitalises on our connections with London, Gatwick and the south east.
• Helps ensure the district remains a place where people want to live, work and visit.
To achieve this the Local Plan will allocate sites for housing and employment and set out policies to be used in the assessment of planning applications in the future. The Local Plan will replace the Council’s planning policies currently set out in the Tandridge District Core Strategy (2008) in full. The suite of development management policies set out in the adopted Local Plan Part 2: Detailed Policies (2014), will also be partially replaced where it is necessary.