Street party or event

Application for a road closure form

If you are thinking of organising a street party, carnival, procession, or any other community event on the road, you need to apply for a Road Closure Order, as soon as possible.

Download our road closure timetable

If your street is used by through traffic, you will need to send the council a traffic plan. This must show how much of the road is to be closed and an alternative route for traffic. We will liaise with the police and Surrey County Council on your behalf. There is no charge for this, but we need at least 21 days notice of any event.

The organisers should also have considered the risks posed by staging an event and have taken out any necessary Public Liability Insurance. Further guidance is available in the Home Office guide.

If you are granted permission to close the road, you will need to put up appropriate signs to let road users know. We are not able to lend you road signs.

If you are organising a sporting event or a larger social event on the road you will need to apply to Surrey County Council for a road closure.

Don’t forget to add your event to our website. 

Temporary event notice

You don’t need a licence for food, alcohol or entertainment, unless you’re planning to charge or open your event to the general public, in which case you may need a Temporary Event Notice.

Anyone planning an event on land owned or managed by us should contact us for the necessary paperwork and also to ensure the site isn't double booked.

More information

Temporary road closures

The following roads have approval for a temporary road closure:

22 April 2018 – Caterham Scout St. Georges Day Parade. 1.30-3.00pm. Closure of:
Beechwood Road (between Beechwood Gardens and Croydon Road) where the Parade will form up.
Croydon Road (between Beechwood Road and Godstone Road). The Square
Station Avenue, left into Harestone Valley Road, Harestone Hill to the United Reformed Church.

22 April 2018 – East Surrey District Scouts – St. Georges Day Parade 2pm - 2.45pm. Rolling road closure of:
Station Road East, Blue House Lane and ending at Oxted School.

5 May 2018 – Warlingham May Queen Crowning – 1.25pm – 2.05pm. Closure of:
Limpsfield Road From its junction with Bond Road, Westerly to The Green including South Side of The Green and West Side of The Green.
Limpsfield Road Eastbound at its North West junction with The Green to prevent transit of vehicles around The Green when parade is on the highway at that Location.

3 June – Caterham Festival Street Party – 8.00am – 9pm. Closure of:
High Street between its junction with Court Road and its junctions with Townend and Chaldon Road.
Townend between its junctions with High Street and Chaldon Road and Banstead Road
Chaldon Road between its junctions with the Westway and High Street/Town End
Poplar Walk between its junctions with Court Road and Park Road
All parking bays in the High Street, between Court Road and Town End, suspended
No parking on south side of Court Road between its junctions with High Street and Chaldon Road

9 June Caterham Carnival  - 11.30am – 2.00pm. Closure of:
Brigade Place, Guards Avenue, Coulsdon Road, Court Road, High Street, Chaldon Road and Westway.

10 June 2018 – Caterham Festival International Market 6.00am – 8pm. Closure of:
Croydon Road (between The Square and the Rose and Young premises)
All Parking Bays suspended

7 July 2018 – Oxted Carnival 12-3pm. Rolling road closure of:
Church Lane, Bluehouse Lane, Gresham Road, Station Road East, Left turn into Bluehouse Lane, Station Approach, Station Road West & Church Lane. In addition the Closure of Church Lane from the entrance to Master Park Tennis Club to the roundabout 12pm - 3pm (in the event of the ground being too wet to park on).