We disregard, or do not count, apprentices when calculating council tax payments. To qualify for this an apprentice must be:
- Employed for the purpose of learning a trade, business, profession, employment or vocation.
- Undertaking a training programme for that purpose, which will lead to an NVQ.
- Employed at a salary or receiving an allowance or both, which are in total substantially less than the salary they would get if they had achieved the qualification and no more than £195 before tax per week.
Complete a council tax discount form and send us copies of the following the evidence if you think you qualify:
- The Indentures of Apprenticeship.
- The signed agreement between the apprentice and employer showing the terms of the apprenticeship.
- The last five weeks or two months wage slips (please note a statement or letter from the employer will not be acceptable).