Children's play areas
Local play areas
Find locations of the 35 play areas across district, which we maintain, in the list below. Our two largest sites are on Queens Park Road in Caterham on the Hill and at Whyteleafe Recreation ground.
Each site has between two to 16 play items, ranging from spring animals to multi-units ('climbing frames').
Play areas elsewhere in Surrey
For information on public open spaces and play areas elsewhere in Surrey visit Surrey County Council’s website.
Keeping play areas safe
All the play areas have safety surfaces under each play item – either bark or a rubber surface – and the grass is regularly cut and collected. We check the play equipment on smaller sites every week and on larger sites, three times a week.
Once a year an independent inspector from the Register of Play Inspectors International (RPII) checks our play areas. Every three months an operational inspection by the RPII is carried out to check for wear and tear.
Location of play areas in Tandridge
You can find your local playground by area below or search on the map.
- Blindley Heath
- Caterham on the Hill
- Caterham Valley
- Hurst Green
- South Godstone
- South Nutfield
- Featherstone playing field, Featherstone (map)
- Stafford Road recreation ground, Stafford Road (map)
- Tillingdown Copse playground, Tillingdown Hill (map)
- Timber Hill recreation ground, Timber Hill (map)
- Valley Sports ground, White Knobs Way (map)
- Dormansland recreation ground, High Street (map)
- Felbridge recreation ground, Crawley Down Road (map)
- Catlin Gardens playground, Catlin Gardens (map)
- Horne playing field, Church Road (map)
- Barnfield Way, Hurst Green Road (map)
- Boulthurst Way (map)
- Chestnut Copse recreation, The Greenway (map)
- Coldshott playing field, Warren Lane (map)
- Home Park playground, Hurstlands (map)
- Mill Lane playing field, Mill Lane (map)
- Limpsfield Chart, next to cricket pitch (map)
- Jenners playing field, Vicarage Road (map)
- Meadowside playground, off Lingfield Common Road (map)
- Ray Close playground, Lingfield Common Road (map)
- Talbot Road recreation ground, Talbot Road (map)
- Lloyd Hall playground, Brickfield Road (map)
- Hunters Chase playground, Harcourt Way (map)
- Mid Street playing field, Mid Street (map)
- Tandridge recreation ground, Tandridge Lane (map)
- Westmore Green, Approach Road (map)
- Whyteleafe recreation ground, Hillbury Road (map)
How can I take part in improving the local play area?
If you have any suggestions or comments about the play areas in Tandridge please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01883 722000.
How do I report vandalism or faulty play equipment?
To report vandalism or a problem with a piece of play equipment please e-mail email@example.com or call 01883 722000.
How often is the grass cut in play areas?
The grass at each playground is cut and collected approximately 18 times a year.