Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Advertising policy

Can I get a grant to adapt my home?

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) are available for owner-occupiers and tenants (subject to landlord approval) following assessment of need by an Occupational Therapist. Grants are available to pay for adaptations to the home, such as installing stair-lifts, bathroom adaptations, external ramps, and grab rails.

These grants are means tested and could, in appropriate circumstances, be supplemented by additional funding from Social Services.

Our in-house Care and Repair Agency can check your eligibility and manage the works.

The Agency also provides a range of other services, including advice on safety and security within the home, a handyperson service, entitlement to welfare benefits and information about other agencies or services that may be able to improve your quality of life.

For further information please contact Care and Repair on 01883 732818 or e-mail

« Back