Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

If permission is not given, what can I do?

If permission is refused, you can seek to amend your plans to try and overcome the Council's reason(s) for refusal. If you re-apply within 12 months you will not usually have to pay a further fee.  Otherwise you can appeal to the Secretary of State within 8 weeks of the date of the decision for advertisements, 12 weeks for householder proposals or six months in most other cases.

Appeal forms can be obtained direct from the Planning Inspectorate by clicking this link:

An independent Inspector will be appointed to visit your site and reconsider the application.

The Council’s Appeals Officer can be contacted on 01883 732857 or email should you need any further information.

« Back