Health & safety policy guidance
All employers with five or more employees are required by Law to provide a written document detailing the business's or organisation's general policy for health and safety and the organisation and arrangements for carrying out the policy.
Further guidance on writing a health and safety policy can be found in the document "Writing your Health & Safety Policy Statement - How to prepare a safety policy statement for a small business" available from HSE Books. This can be purchased from HSE Books by telephone order on 01787-881165 or from good bookshops.
The following documents can be downloaded free of charge, as a pdf documents:
- An Introduction to health and safety INDG 259
- Managing health and safety INDG 275
- Director's responsibilities for health and safety INDG 343
- Need help on health and safety? INDG 322
- Starting your own business INDG 324
Writing a health and safety policy statement HSC6 www.hse.gov.uk