Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Pay for it

Pay online

Use our payment system to pay for:

  • Council tax (please use your billing number as a reference)
  • Business rates (please use your billing number as a reference)
  • Housing rent (please use your rent account number as a reference)

as well as many other invoices we send you including

  • Annual licences
  • Building regulations inspection fees
  • Community alarm
  • Handyperson service
  • Leasehold management expenses
  • Leasehold insurance

There is no charge for using credit or debit cards, unless you are paying council tax or business rates by credit card, which incurs a surcharge, which is just what our bank charges us for the transaction.

Telephone or internet banking

To make a payment to Tandridge District Council using telephone, or online banking you will need the following details:

  • Bank: HSBC Oxted Branch
  • Sort code: 40 35 40
  • Account number: 91098098

Please use your billing, rent account or invoice number as your payment reference.

Automated telephone payment line

Call our automated telephone payment line on 03300 88 46 84 to make a payment. Don't forget your reference number,

Direct debit

Direct Debit is the cheapest and easiest way to pay council tax, business rates or housing rent.

For council tax, download a printable council tax direct or business rates direct debit mandate form, call 01883 722000 with your bank details or e-mail

For housing rent, please download a printable housing direct debit form. One can also be requested from your Management Officer.

Rent payment cards

Council tenants are given a Rent Payment Card to pay their rent. The electronic swipe card can be used at any Post Office to make a payment. 

To request a new rent payment card, please quote the full rent account number, property address, along with the tenant's name(s).

Please keep receipts for the rent payments you make so if there are any issues you will have a record of your payments. 

Planning payments

All planning payments can be made using the planning portal.

Parking payments

To pay a parking penalty charge please visit Reigate & Banstead parking payments.

On-street parking enforcement in the Tandridge District is managed by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, working on behalf of Surrey County Council. Reigate & Banstead Borough Council also manages parking enforcement in car parks on behalf of Tandridge District Council, as well as issuing parking permits and fixing parking machine faults.

Paying for school meals

To pay for school meals online visit your school's website or speak to the school office to find out how to pay.